We know the cost of a private, military-style education can feel daunting. That’s why Fishburne offers so many ways to help you make your son’s dream of coming here a reality. We offer needs-based financial aid, tuition reductions, scholarships and K-12 student loans.
Financial Aid Grants
Fishburne Military School provides financial aid to help cover the cost of tuition for families who qualify. This aid is in the form of grants (which do not need to be repaid). Financial aid is limited and awarded on a first-come, first-served basis; therefore, it is important to apply as soon as possible. Financial aid is not offered for the Summer Session.
How to Apply
- Submit a Financial Aid Application. Please do not leave any fields blank.
- Submit an Application for Admission.
- Submit a copy of your most recent IRS form 1040 to the address at the end of this application.
- You may also provide a letter to the financial aid committee explaining your need for tuition assistance in more detail (this is especially important when you have unusual circumstances that may not be obvious on the application for financial aid).
Once we have received your completed application, it will be reviewed by the financial aid committee (which typically meets once a week). Applicants are typically given two weeks to accept the financial aid offer, after which the offer may be revoked. The financial aid is finalized once the non-refundable deposit is received.
Divorced or Separated Parents/Guardians
In the case of divorced or separated parents/guardians, Fishburne normally considers the assets of both natural parents/guardians, if living, before making any award. Therefore, both sets of parents/guardians must submit all financial aid forms. If either the custodial or the non-custodial parent/guardian has remarried, we also consider the assets of the stepparent.
Financial Aid for Summer Session
We do not offer financial aid for the summer session.
Leadership for Life Merit Scholarship
Available only to new students
The Leadership for Life Scholarship is a merit-based award given to recognize and encourage academic achievement and leadership potential. This scholarship is intended for students entering Fishburne who desire to pursue an education in a military structured environment, have demonstrated superior academic excellence, and intend to become a full contributing member of the Fishburne Military School Corps of Cadets.
- Rising 7-11 grader, seeking enrollment for upcoming school year (new students only).
- Demonstrated high academic achievement as evidenced by a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Strong communication skills demonstrated during an on-campus, in-person interview.
- Shows ability and interest to be an active participant in the JROTC program, athletics, and clubs throughout the school year.
- Indicates desire to attend Fishburne Military School and the intention to embody the Fishburne Honor Code to become an exemplary member of the Corps of Cadets.
How To Apply
- Complete and submit an application form online located at: Apply.
- Schedule an on-campus interview through the admissions office.
- The Admissions Committee will review all information to make a recommendation for admission and receipt of the Leadership for Life Scholarship.
- Families will then submit a financial aid application with a copy of their tax return, Form 1040, to the FMS business office. A financial package for the school year will then be offered to the family. The Leadership for Life merit scholarship will be given in addition to any financial aid the family qualifies for.
- The Leadership for Life Scholarship is not a full ride scholarship. The amount offered is contingent upon the strength of applicant and family’s financial situation.
Should you have questions regarding this program or application process, please contact the Admissions Office at (540) 946-7700.
K-12 Education Loans
Many Fishburne Military School parents discover that, with the help of K-12 Education Loans, a private military school education really can be within reach. The following companies have worked with FMS Families in the past to help them provide a quality education for their sons. If you are interested in exploring K-12 Education Loans, you can find more information by following the links below.