- For the fourteenth consecutive year a cadet from Fishburne Military School has been elected Lieutenant Governor of Key Club International's Division 9B. Cadet Teddy Barger (Crozet, VA) took the reins from outgoing Lt. Gov. Luciano Dolfi (Stuarts Draft, VA) to continue a long line of leadership which began with Christian Vargas, FMS Class of 2005. - 38 Cadet leaders from Fishburne Military School spent the day once again at Fishburne's partner school, Rockfish River Elementary School (Afton, VA) to conduct the National Junior Achievement High School Heroes program. The Cadets broke into teams to teach nine classes, totaling approximately 200 students from kindergarten up to second grade, for the entire school day.
- In all, over a dozen different career paths were outlined and explained to the cadets; and, for those still undecided about what path they’d like to pursue, former FMS Guidance Director, Mr. Russ Ingersoll, and Ms. Sara Green (Assistant Director of the University of Virginia's Career Center) were on hand to lead special discussions about selecting the right career and college. - Waynesboro, VA -- The Fishburne Military School campus was packed this weekend with family and friends who were in Waynesboro to celebrate the school's annual Parents Winter Weekend. On hand were family members from as far away as Hawaii, New Orleans, Florida and California. Cadet Major Luciano Dolfi (Stuarts Draft, VA) received the Douglas MacArthur Leadership Award.
More Campus News: Click here.
- Fishburne Military School Junior Wally Harris (Waynesboro, VA) was the starting pitcher for the Caissons season opener when they hosted St. Anne's Bellfield (StAB) on St. Patrick's Day. With one out and senior Tyler Allen (Weyers Cave, VA) on first, Harris hit a home run to right field. - Waynesboro, VA - It's official. The Fishburne Military School Raiders Team has earned an invitation from the United States Army Cadet Command's 4th Brigade to compete once again for the title of "Best of the Best" (BoB). Of the 54 JROTC units in Virginia, only the top 6 programs earn a slot to compete for the title of “Best of the Best”.
- The Caissons continued to impress throughout the day as their A-Team took 3rd place overall and their B-Team placed 5th overall in the field of 30 schools. The Fishburne Military School Raiders A-Team was commanded by Cadet Hunter Wren-Russ (Tehachapi, CA) and the B-Team was commanded by Cadet Jacob Randall (Stafford, VA). - Three times each school year the Fishburne Military School Caissons come together in Lawton Chapel to celebrate the successes of their athletic teams and to recognize individual efforts and achievements. Cadet Charles Fessler-Krebs ’17 (Annandale, VA) was presented with the Hogg Award.
More Athletics News: Click here.
- Joseph Byron Yount III, 76, former Waynesboro mayor and longtime city attorney, well known for his half century of board leadership at Fishburne Military School and as a local historian, speaker, and writer, died Sunday. Mr. Yount was elected to the Board of Trustees of the Fishburne-Hudgins Educational Foundation in 1967 and served tirelessly until his death. - Keith Shackleford didn’t remember who spoke at his Fishburne Military School graduation in 1988, but he remembers a lot about that day.
- Fishburne Military School (VA) alumni gathered in Waynesboro for a Phone-a-thon in support of the school's future and to strengthen the bonds of brotherhood. "The future strength of the school does NOT depend upon one or two large donors...the future of the school depends upon the size, strength and commitment of the FMS family as a whole," notes Todd. - FMS '99 alumnus John Noonan, Foreign Policy Advisor to the Jeb Bush presidential campaign, former advisor to Mitt Romney and writer for the Weekly Standard provides the keynote address at the National Honor Society induction ceremony at Fishburne Military School.
More Alumni News: Click here.
FMS in the News
Coverage of Fishburne Military School in the local and national media: Click here.