- Waynesboro, VA -- Fishburne Military School Technology Instructor, SGT Kenneth Glass, has been nominated by the Shenandoah Valley Technology Council for this year's Innovation in Education K-12 Award. The Shenandoah Valley Technology Council's Tech Nite will be held at James Madison University on May 3rd. - Fishburne Military School was one of only three JROTC programs in Virginia invited to National Drill Championships in 2016. Now they're going back in 2017! Hudgins Rifles' own Jacob Randall, of Stafford, VA, and Tyler Long, of Beavercreek, OH, will be performing once again as a dual team and as individual soloists at the 2017 National Championships.
- As a part of Fishburne Military School's ongoing STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) initiative, Scott and fellow cadets are unlocking worlds unimaginable only a few years ago...included are robotic rovers that he has programmed to move across the surface of the land of his virtual world. - Six Cadets from Fishburne Military School made a very special trip to the Thomas D. Howe Memorial Armory in Staunton, VA last week at the request of Congressman Bob Goodlatte. The Cadets were there to help Congressman Goodlatte offer a long-overdue thank-you and welcome home to the Shenandoah Valley's Vietnam Veterans.
More Campus News: Click here.
- The Fishburne Military School Raiders Team was proud to be among the Best of the Best in this weekend's 4th Brigade showdown. Of 4th Brigade's 318 schools covering 5 states and the District of Columbia only 20 units earned a place in Best of the Best; and, of the 54 JROTC units in Virginia, only the top 6 earned a slot to compete in “Best of the Best”. - Tyler Allen (Weyers Cave, VA) gave Virginia Episcopal School fits as he bagged five hits in Fishburne Military School's 25-1 victory on Thursday against Virginia Episcopal School. Fishburne Military School Baseball improved its record to 7-0 and will be back in action on April 17th.
- The Fishburne Military School Track and Field Team had a solid outing at Lee High School as they brought home a victory in the 4 x 800 relay and posted top-five finishes in four other events. Jason Bruinius (Charlotte, NC), Elijah Jackson (Warsaw, VA), Garrett Rose (Columbus, IN), and Douglas Marsh (Middlebrook, VA) won the 4 x 800 relay. - Staunton, VA -- The Fishburne Military School (Waynesboro, VA) Baseball Team defeated Grace Christian by a score 20-1 on Tuesday; thanks in part to Tyler Dolin, who drove in five runners. Fishburne Military School racked up 11 runs in the first inning and never looked back.
More Athletics News: Click here.
- Oklahoma City, OK -- John Rorke, Fishburne Military School Class of 2001, received a standing ovation on Monday as the Oklahoma House of Representatives honored him as their Veteran of the Week. John served two tours in Iraq, returned home to finish his B.A. at Oklahoma State University, and went on to earn a M.S.W. from Arizona State. - Joseph Byron Yount III, 76, former Waynesboro mayor and longtime city attorney, well known for his half century of board leadership at Fishburne Military School and as a local historian, speaker, and writer, died Sunday. Mr. Yount was elected to the Board of Trustees of the Fishburne-Hudgins Educational Foundation in 1967 and served tirelessly until his death.
- Keith Shackleford didn’t remember who spoke at his Fishburne Military School graduation in 1988, but he remembers a lot about that day. - Fishburne Military School (VA) alumni gathered in Waynesboro for a Phone-a-thon in support of the school's future and to strengthen the bonds of brotherhood. "The future strength of the school does NOT depend upon one or two large donors...the future of the school depends upon the size, strength and commitment of the FMS family as a whole," notes Todd.
More Alumni News: Click here.
FMS in the News
Coverage of Fishburne Military School in the local and national media: Click here.