- Waynesboro, VA -- The Fishburne Military School campus was packed this weekend with family and friends who were in Waynesboro to celebrate the school's annual Parents Winter Weekend. On hand were family members from as far away as Hawaii, New Orleans, Florida and California. Cadet Major Luciano Dolfi (Stuarts Draft, VA) received the Douglas MacArthur Leadership Award. - Old Town Alexandria, VA -- Fishburne Military School (Waynesboro, VA) was named best Military Unit and Drill Team as well as Best Youth Band at the George Washington Birthday Parade in Old Town Alexandria on Monday. Well-wishers, including members of the United States Army Old Guard Honor Unit visited with the Caissons in the staging area just prior to stepping off.
- 72 Caissons earned a place on the Honor Roll and an additional 40 Cadets earned a spot on the Distinguished Honor Roll. A Cadet must earn at least a 3.0 grade point average with no grade lower than a C in order to be placed on the Honor Roll. Distinguished Honor Roll students must earn at least a 3.5 grade point average with no grade lower than a B. - "This entire experience," explains FMS Superintendent, retired Navy Captain Mark E. Black, "has been tremendously valuable to the learning environment here. Cadets were able to put their everyday training to use. Our young men have seen first-hand now how proper planning, time management, resource management, and dedication to task can all come together to produce amazing results on the largest of stages."
More Campus News: Click here.
- Fishburne Military School Wrestling had an exceptional weekend at the VISAA State Wrestling Tournament claiming 4 State Medals and advancing 3 to National Prep Championships. Mathew Farrar (Waynesboro, VA), Tyler Allen (Weyers Cave, VA), Silvio Dionisotti (Sudbury, MA) and Levi Smith (Fayetteville, NC) led the way for the Caissons, each earning a medal in their weight class. - Out of the 14 teams that participated in this year's Huguenot drill meet, Fishburne's Color Guard took first place in their event, Hudgins Rifles took first in Armed Exhibition Platoon and second in Armed Exhibition Squad, the Unarmed Regulation Platoon placed second, and Cadet Joseph Montoya (Norfolk, VA) placed third in the Individual Unarmed Knockout.
- Fishburne Military School's standout swimmer, Charles Fessler-Krebs (Annandale, VA), finished 5th in the 100 Backstroke. During his performance on Friday, Fessler-Krebs dropped 3.37 second off his best backstroke time, dropped 4.06 seconds off his best 100 Butterfly, broke a Fishburne record, finished 1st in Distirict and qualified for a spot in the State Championships on Friday. - Waynesboro, VA - Fishburne Military School made a statement this weekend, taking 2nd place overall and placing 9 wrestlers in the VIC Conference Championships in Roanoke on Saturday. Coach Terry Waters was named Virginia Independent Conference (VIC) Coach of the Year. Senior Tyler Allen (Weyers Cave, VA) and junior Matthew Farrar (Waynesboro, VA) both earned gold medals.
More Athletics News: Click here.
- Joseph Byron Yount III, 76, former Waynesboro mayor and longtime city attorney, well known for his half century of board leadership at Fishburne Military School and as a local historian, speaker, and writer, died Sunday. Mr. Yount was elected to the Board of Trustees of the Fishburne-Hudgins Educational Foundation in 1967 and served tirelessly until his death. - Keith Shackleford didn’t remember who spoke at his Fishburne Military School graduation in 1988, but he remembers a lot about that day.
- Fishburne Military School (VA) alumni gathered in Waynesboro for a Phone-a-thon in support of the school's future and to strengthen the bonds of brotherhood. "The future strength of the school does NOT depend upon one or two large donors...the future of the school depends upon the size, strength and commitment of the FMS family as a whole," notes Todd. - FMS '99 alumnus John Noonan, Foreign Policy Advisor to the Jeb Bush presidential campaign, former advisor to Mitt Romney and writer for the Weekly Standard provides the keynote address at the National Honor Society induction ceremony at Fishburne Military School.
More Alumni News: Click here.
FMS in the News
Coverage of Fishburne Military School in the local and national media: Click here.